Reinholdt & O’Harra Insurance originally opened for business on Main Street in Ashland, OR in 1939. The business at that time was owned by Howard C. Wiley, and was known as the Howard Wiley Insurance Agency. In 1948 Mr. Wiley was joined in the business by Bob Reinholdt. The agency then became known as the Wiley & Reinholdt Insurance Agency. After Mr. Wiley’s death in the mid 1960’s, Mr. Reinholdt operated the Agency independently until 1970 when Bob O’Harra joined him and Reinholdt & O’Harra was formed. In 1981 Terry Adams purchased Mr. Reinholdt’s portion of the business, and the agency continued under the existing name. In 1982 Mr. O’Harra entered retirement and sold his portion of the business to Dee Selby.
After spending most of his career in law enforcement, Mr. Selby spent the next 19 years in the Agency before himself retiring in 2001. He sold his ownership in the Agency to Greg White, a young man he had known since Greg was in high school here in Ashland. In 2006, Mr Adams retired and his ownership in the agency was purchased by Jerry Cole, who had been a producer at the agency since 1988. In 2010 Allison Ward became a partner in Reinholdt & O’Harra. Today we retain the Reinholdt & O’Harra name as a way of remembering and honoring our history and the commitment we have to our clients. In 2004, for the first time since our founding, the Agency relocated away from our original location on Main Street to our location at 518 Washington St. on the South side of Ashland. The change allowed greater room for anticipated future expansion as well as providing increased parking for our staff and clients. We eagerly anticipate the challenges and opportunities of the future.